Real Wedding! Photography by: Leslie at Click Chicks Photography Beautiful event held at The Ranch at Laguna Beach. Lauren and Chris had a beautiful celebration and her daughter, Brooklyn, couldn’t have been happier to officially call Chris “Dad.” She was included in the ceremony when Chris crouched down and lovingly presented her with a bracelet. It was a beautiful afternoon, but rain was anticipated, so the tent was put up and guests stayed cozy inside after the ceremony on the putting green.
How did you meet?
We met through mutual friends one night out on the town. Lauren was with her girlfriends and I was with my buddies. We met each other in Newport Beach, CA at the District Bar & Lounge on Balboa Island. The rest is history.
How long did you plan the wedding after the proposal?
It took us almost a year and half after our engagement for the planning of our wedding. Also because we found the right place and they had the date we were looking for. We felt that we more relaxed with having more time to plan and prepare, which was great!
The top 3 challenges/difficulties of planning the wedding
1. The top one for us would have to be worrying what the weather would be like. Mainly because we were getting married Jan 8, and January is not usually a great weather month. So we lucked out!
2. Trying to compromise with the family, so we can meet their needs, compared to what our needs were and then basically meet in the middle. Having the family agree is stressful. But it brings us all together and we loved it.
3. Also, putting a wedding together is a lot of work. Organizing the event as well as meeting with vendors. Trying to agree on the same things that we like so everything looks great and taste great.
The top 3 most fun/easiest parts of planning the wedding
1. For Lauren, “Finding the dress.” She had a blast doing that!
2. Find the right suit to stand next to that beautiful bride.
3. Definitely the food tasting. So delicious!
What fun/unique feature of your wedding made you the proudest?
We put a lot of work and ideas into how we wanted the ceremony and the reception to look. Watching it all come together was so beautiful, we know our hard work paid off in the end.
If you had it to do over, what would you change, add or do differently?
We definitely wouldn’t have gotten married in January. Can’t always predict the weather, but January where we live, it usually rains, and it rained Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and then cleared up Thursday and on Friday our wedding day. We were worried for sure leading up to the big day. But it all worked out and the rain made the scenery look beautiful.
Q&A section does not have custom fields. How will this data be entered?