From their High School years to reuniting on Facebook, this couple ties the knot in San Diego. The beautiful Hotel del Coronado hosts this gorgeous summer wedding with True Photography handling the photography for their the event! Wedding Cinema/Videography was shot and produced by Quixotic Pictures.
How did you meet?
PJ and I went to the same High school, and were friends but never dated. He found me on Face Book 14 years later, and that’s how we reconnected.
How long did you plan the wedding after the proposal?
We had about 10 months from the Proposal to the Wedding date.
The top 3 challenges/difficulties of planning the wedding.
1. Finding the right wedding planners that seemed to understand our vision, personalities, and had the organizational skills to help us make sure every detail was handled, since PJ and I were not local.
2. Selecting the music for all the special moments.
3. Remembering to stick to our gut with what we wanted for our day. So many friends and family members would weigh in with their opinions, and it would get overwhelming at times. PJ was great at reminding me that we won’t please EVERYONE, so we might as well stick to what WE think is right for US. 🙂
The top 3 most fun/easiest parts of planning the wedding.
1. Picking WHERE at the Hotel Del we wanted the Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, and Reception.
2. Doing all the food tastings (We love food!)
3. Finding my Dress- I got to meet the Designer Ines DiSanto, attend her fashion show, and even hang out with her and her daughter afterward! When i bought the dress, Ines’s daughter who helped design it was at the shop during the Trunk Show. What an AMAZING experience it was- they were so humble, sweet, talented and FUN!
What fun/unique feature of your wedding made you the proudest?
I loved the way everything looked and flowed from the Ceremony on the Beach at the Hotel Del, to the Cocktail hour after! We had a giant Sand Castle made, with our wedding “crest” and roses carved into it, with lots of furniture and decor all around ON the beach. I thought it was so romantic, special, and very unique. It’s the only place in SD to have cocktails on the beach, so that was special too! Also the church pews on the sand in the back row… i LOVED the way it turned out, and the guests were blown away by how comfortable, and beautiful it all was!
If you had it to do over, what would you change, add or do differently?
I would try to do a two hour cocktail hour… PJ and I never got to experience that part of the wedding because we were taking pictures. We’d start an hour earlier, and add an hour into that part. It felt a bit rushed.
Q&A section does not have custom fields. How will this data be entered?