Wow! Arielle & Dan were married in the Fall after eleven months of planning at gorgeous Rancho Las Lomas. Coordinator Sharon Gall, Rancho Las Lomas and 24 carrots catering created a beautiful wedding! Video production created by: The Emotion Picture Studio and photography by: Michael Jonathan Studios
How did you meet?
We met at UC Irvine through various college Jewish organizations.
How long did you plan the wedding after the proposal?
11 months — I really wanted a Fall Wedding.
The top 3 challenges/difficulties of planning the wedding.
1. Trying to appease everyone’s desires & opinions regarding the wedding — in the end, try and make sure to please yourself and do things that are meaningful to you and your partner.
2. Establishing a guest list that met our emotions with the realities of our budget and seating arrangements.
3. Finding a venue that fit our vision and that was meaningful for both of us, while also fitting our budget. (It all worked out and we found the perfect place!)
**Using a good wedding coordinator/planner during the planning process, but ESPECIALLY the day of is worth every penny!
The top 3 most fun/easiest parts of planning the wedding.
1. Food Tasting – Deciding the menu (Fun & Delicious!)
2. Establishing all the details/personal of our wedding ceremony–including both Jewish & Persian traditions
3. Personalizing every aspect of our wedding from the ceremony processional/recessional/reception to entrance music, to incorporating wedding photos of our parents and grandparents in the décor, to having a time capsule for people to place notes in for us to read on our 10-year-anniversary.
What fun/unique feature of your wedding made you the proudest?
When I surprised my husband and sang to him during our reception — this was especially meaningful because he is the biggest supporter and “encourager” towards my singing endeavors. We had a semi-choreographed first dance that connected us while practicing, leading up to the big day and on our wedding day itself. We also stood at the end of a bridge at our wedding and greeted EVERY guest that entered the reception and who were invited to the wedding–this was a great way to make sure we acknowledged everyone.
If you had it to do over, what would you change, add or do differently?
It was a magical day and because we personalized it as much as possible, it still seems like the perfect wedding for us, even to this day.
If we were to do it over the only things I could think of adding or doing differently is:
1. Although guests knew it was an outdoor wedding & reception and most came prepared, perhaps we would add some heaters around the tables.
2. Change the table arrangements, so certain important guests would be sitting closer to the dance floor.
Q&A section does not have custom fields. How will this data be entered?